Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Life at 60

 Humaste to me. If I'll practice that.

Another decent vacation to sis and the family. Still don't know what she'll do when Andrew semi-retires, let alone what he'll do if she does the semi-independent life she says she'll do.

As for me? Recovering from the flu after getting back here to Tex-ass, with the massively stuffed sinuses, and perhaps a deviated (deviant?) septum, or too-large adenoids that I didn't outgrow, contra Dr. Diddams, and that provoking a small touch of asthma, and an even bigger touch of fear of breathing problems.

And, with that psychology, and the vacation being "OK," as in "use it or lose it" at a semi-trapped job, and as at times I do feel a bit lonely, not just alone, and as in, wishes here and there aside, I'm sure I'll remain lifelong single .... 

I feel mini-depressed. Dreams and hypnagogic thoughts while lying in bed lead me to reflect on life, and think of life's sometime shallowness, and perhaps my degree of sometime shallowness, to the degree that Dr. Miles whatever was correct — though to the degree he was correct on the "that," he knew nothing about the "why."

And, in part because of being frugal with the heater, I really, really feel chilled to the bone even as I am at least semi-recovered from the flu.

I have for what, 20 years, referenced Eliot's Prufrock that "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." That's even as a NASA civilian astronaut candidate says I have lived an interesting life. Shy, neurotic? Constrained? Check, check and check.

Some things may be interesting, but, anything employment-related or relationship-related has been measured with coffee spoons indeed.

No comments: