Saturday, December 17, 2022

Psychological autarky

 I realized recently, after getting some new emails from Marie and journaling about it, that that's what I seek from life as much as possible.

Whether it's psychlogically good or bad, in the sense of healthy or unhealthy, that's been my goal.

I'm not a wilderness survivalist; I can't butcher my own deer. I can't even fix my own car. I accept the need to live, nay, to exist, within society.

But, to actually live, psychically? It's like Jeebus saying "be in the world but not of the world." And, I'm going to drop some more thoughts here in days ahead.

One other thing that stimulated this was reading my 2001-12 journaling Word document, at least most of it from 2006-12. It was "factual" and also an attempt at Branden-brainwashing (there are no Branden-brainwashing concertos) that didn't work because you have to already have psyched yourself out in some way to be able to psych yourself out further.

No comments: