Sunday, May 20, 2007

Me, the emotional dumping ground

I feel like I’ve been an emotional dumping ground all my life. This came more to mind while walking in the forest yesterday.

My sexually abusing brothers dumped emotions of their own abuse as part of sexually abusing me. Dad dumped his anger at other people and events as part of his anger at me, and the rest of us children. Mom dumped her own emotional emptiness as part of her neglect of us, then dumped her own neediness as part of her other sexual issues, including her degree of exhibitionism.

I feel that most of the women I’ve been with, as friends, friends-to-relationships of some sort, etc., have dumped emotions on me to a fair degree, too. But, to the degree this has happened since I got sober and got my memories back, I have to look at my part in those relationships, or quasi-relationships.

I'm just now realizing the degree of this, combined with my childhood emotional self-stuffing, both from what was done to me, and my own family "role" as the "lost child."

No comments: