Saturday, May 12, 2007

Changing counselors and reflecting at three months

I am getting counseling at the regional rape crisis center. After I moved here, and realized I needed some help, I figured it would be a sure bet to have somebody with some background to deal with me.

Well, it uses a couple of interns from the university. Now, my counseler has certainly done a reasonable job for an intern, or for a counselor who has had a couple of years of experience, say, on his own, even.

But, it is a one-year internship, based on school year calendars. So, I have two more Thursdays.

Now, they do have a new intern starting in June. BUT, he or she does Tuesdays; that’s what fits that person’s academic schedule.

Well, that’s my press day, so that’s a no-go.

However, my counselor said there is another counseling center, that also has some affiliation with the university, that has other days open, and might also have evening sessions.

In any case, I think that by the end of the summer, I’ll be ready to go to every other week, rather than every week. I’ll continue with some sort of journaling, and stay in online sobriety chats.

No comments: